Ever go to a friends house for dinner or a get together and dread falling off your healthy track? Keep these few tips in mind in order to maintain your healthy lifestyle without depriving yourself.
1. Bring something healthy. Attend your get together with a healthy dish that you can eat too!
Healthy options are as follows:
Healthy Appetizer Ideas:
-Vegetable Platter with Hummus
-Salad with Low Fat Dressing
-Salsa or Guacamole (use vegetables for dipping instead of chips!)
Healthy Entrée Ideas:
-Grilled Chicken Skewers
-Hearty Bean or Vegetable Soup
-Chicken or Fish Tacos (use corn tortilla as a healthier option)
Healthy Dessert Ideas:
-Fresh Berry Parfait
-Baked Pair or Apple with Cinnamon Sprinkled on Top
-Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
2. Eat Before! This will ensure that you are not starving going to your party which most often leads to overeating and making unhealthy decisions.
3. Hydrate! Sometimes when you are hungry, you are really just thirsty. Make sure you are in taking at least 8 cups of water daily. Coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol do not take the place of your necessary daily cups of water; instead they are classified as empty calories, keeping you hungry.
4. Use a napkin or dessert plate. Instead of having a large dinner plate that you feel the need to fill up for dinner, use a small plate or napkin. This will help you stick to normal portions.
5. Buffet the right way! Take a glance at the buffet to weigh out your options before getting in line with your plate. This way, you can stock up room on your plate for the healthy foods you’re most excited to eat. Skip the intimidating breadbasket at the front of the line and fill over half of your plate with vegetables (whether its salad or grilled veggies).
Last but not least, book your consultation appointment today at the Frank Institute for our WEIGHTLOSS RT Program. Dr. Frank will individualize your weight loss needs so that they are customized for YOU! Sometimes adding the necessary, supplements and herbs to your diet can help make all the difference.